Tuesday, July 17, 2012

This is why you should open THE MAIL.

I procrastinate. On pretty much EVERYTHING. But especially...

THE MAIL.

I don't like getting mail. I don't like opening my mail. Sometimes I just put it in a box. DONE! I also do OTHER things than open THE MAIL. Like, write a blog, play on Facebook, write out lesson plans, clean the kitchen, clean the bathroom, go for a drive, spend endless hours in ROSS DRESS FOR LESS or just watch TV. OR OR OR go work out.

The really puzzling thing is that I procrastinate on something I don't want to do for some random reason by doing something else that on another day I will not want to do.

EXAMPLE: I needed to clean my bedroom this weekend but it was SO MESSY! Paralyzed by not knowing where to begin I cleaned the whole downstairs bathroom and laundry room. Scrubbed the sh*t out of them and even cleaned the inside of the washer and dryer. Where just a week ago I was supposed to clean the laundry room but I didn't want to so I fixed the sides of my hot tub. Where a few weeks before that I was supposed to fix the sides of my hot tub but I didn't want to so I worked on my heat press. Where a few weeks before that I was supposed to fix the heat press but I didn't want to so I cleaned my room.

See how that works. It's been about 8 weeks since I cleaned my room. And I am NOT good at picking up after myself. I am an ALL or NOTHING kind of cleaner. And a hoarder of cool stuff. So anywyas - there is a box of THE MAIL.

My regular bills are all auto pay so I don't really pay too much attention to THE MAIL.

THE MAIL can sit a long long time. Sometimes it's not the best thing but until now I have never been SUED REAL CASH MONEY BY A REAL LIFE LAWYER FOR NOT OPENING MY MAIL!!!!

Holy heck Batman are you serious? YES! TOTALLY SERIOUS! I am getting sued for $4,000 and some change by a local hospital for an emergency room visit.

I got served papers by this really nice man, let's call him Papers Pete. He was actually really cool. Papers Pete must have been sued himself at one time. He actually gave me some advice which I am using. Like, DON'T give them a checking aaccount number or a debit card. PAY ONLY IN MONEY ORDERS....

That is IF I was gonna pay and I am NOT.

Here is the deal-i-yo. A year ago I was in a car wreck. Got REAR ENDED on my way to work. Wrecked the car so bad it took 3 weeks at the body shop. I went to the hospital as my neck was a little sore. Then I went to the chiropractor just once. Then I was like, YEAH, I'm good.

The lady who hit me, let's call her Newcastle Nellie, had her insurance pay for my car and they were supposed to pay for my hospital bill also. AND YOU KNOW WHAT!!! Newcastle Nellie's insurance did NOT pay my hospital bill AT ALL. NO ONE HAS. So the hospital was like YO SOMEBODY BETTA PAAAAAAAYA!!! and they sent me a letter. I saw the letter. Assumed it was just a statement of services and filed it with the other mail in the BOX OF UNOPENED MAIL. Where is sat and lay dormant until DING DONG the door rang last week and there as PAPERS PETE with my PAPAHS. (that is PAPERS for those of you without street cred.)

YOU DO NOT WANT AN INJUNCTION ON YOUR CREDIT. That is NOT "street cred"...

This whole deal SUCKS because I got hit. I had to miss work. I was without my car for 3 weeks and had a weird loaner car. I even got SUMMONED by Newcastle Nellie's attorney to go to court so she could get her ticket lowered. I mean what do I care right? Nellie seemed on the UP AND UP. It sucks because no fault of my own I have put hours and hours and days and mental energy and stress all invested into this.

So now - more stuff and hours and stress and mental energy - I am in a circle of phone calls between two insurance companies, a hospital and a lawyer. I have about 10 more days to figure this crap out or I get an INJUNCTION on my credit which is BAD. My insurance agent, TOM, was way cool. He owns the Spangler insurance. He is helping me figure this all out. Gots to fax him some PAPAHS.

So the moral of the story is OPEN YOUR MAIL KIDS! If I had just opened that mail a few months ago I would not be freaking out about it now.

One thing I have learned in the AA is that things are going to happen to you - no fault of your own - it's not what happens to us but how we react that define us as a person. I was nothing but super calm and nice at the accident as Newcastle Nellie was freaking out a bit. I was super nice at court and nice to the other insurance agent and Papers Pete and Mr. Tom Spangler. I can be proud I didn't let my insides freak out on any of them.

And with some more phone calls this will be taken care of....

fingers crossed....

But I am a stress eater and this has stressed me out.
Maybe for another blog - how day one of a juice fast turns into half a box of Cheezits.

3 comments:

  1. omg...your rant about the cleaning...JUST LIKE ME! I am the exact same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me why I got rid of my car 5 years ago - I had to go to court for a car accident once and it had a very negative impact on my bliss. Cars are just bad news all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same with my mail... it was a BIG fucking surprise to me when I finally opened the piece that informed me that I owe the government $17,000, for who the fuck knows what? Cause I don't open my mail, I don't follow.

    ReplyDelete