Monday, July 30, 2012

BFG's WARRIOR 300 CHALLENGE

I AM THE WARRIOR AND HEART TO HEART YOU WIN... IF YOU SURVIVE!!! 
THE WARRIOR! THE WARRIOR! I AM THE WARRIOR!!!

                                       THIS WARRIOR HAS A CHALLENGE FOR YOU!!!

So, WHO GOT FAT WITH ME?!?! Well, maybe you didn't get fat but maybe you just are not in the super awesome WARRIOR / GLADIATOR / MUTHER F-ING SWEET shape you want to be in. Right there with you... I am... right THERE!

I always said I am not so much the type to wear bikinis in public. I tell myself this. BUT - I am not in BIKINI SHAPE. That is the truth. BUT.....  I was, in April. Of this year. For a month of my life I WAS IN SHAPE. Then "life happened" and I just caved. I gave in. I ate. I stopped moving.

How many of you just "give in"? How many of you "justify" that Ben and Jerrys? How many of you just eat what you WANT because you DESERVE IT! YOU WILL WORK OUT MORE TOMORROW!!!!

Then - holy crap buckets bat man - tomorrow comes and you don't make it to the gym. Then the next day comes and jumping Jehoshaphat and you don't make it to the gym again. And so on and so on. Then one day the gym calls to see if you are still alive cuz they haven't seen your pretty face in MONTHS!!!

WHY ARE YOU PAYING FOR A GYM YOU DON'T GO TO?
Don't stop PAYING >< START GOING!

HOW??? You ask did I get in SHAPE in April. Well, I started right after Thanksgiving and FRIGGIN WORKED OUT LIKE EVERY DAY!!! and I watched what I ate. Once in a while I still DID eat THE BEN AND THE JERRYS because I was a working out fool.

WHY??? You ask - could I do it then when I don't do it now?
The answer my friend is this - PROPER MOTIVATION. I KNEW that I was going to have my picture taken in a BIKINI sooooooo I got BIKINI READY. Really, for me, I needed that motivation. Maybe I am the type who just can't make a friggin "Lifestyle" change... Maybe I am going to have to need some sort of weird "motivation" for ever and ever. Maybe. OR maybe 5 months wasn't long enough to set it straight in my brain and body and soul what I needed to do and really change my lifestyle.

SO... here is what I am gonna do. I know that I need motivation. I know I can't be the only one.

I am going to set up a series of challenges. To challenge myself and to challenge my friends. To get support from my friends and to support others going through what I am going through.

For FUN AND FITNESS. 

                                                        WE CAN ALL BE WINNERS!





My first challenge will be the BFG WARRIOR 300 challenge. When I was working out like a crazy loon I had a personal trainer and we did the 300 a few times a week. It is inspired by the movie 300 and the work out that the people in the film did. There is an official work out you can find on line but we modified it so that I could pick any work out and all my reps had to add up to 300.

It will last for one MONTH - August... ALL OF AUGUST! Working out! Every day! No breaks!


This is the official 300 work out (which I acquired from the Internets).


Pullups - 25
Deadlifts with 135lbs - 50
Pushups - 50
24-inch Box jumps - 50
Floor wipers - 50
1-arm 36lbs Kettlebell Clean n Press - 50 reps
Pullups – 25

You are to do these with no breaks. Well, I was not able to do any pull ups from a series of derby shoulder injuries so my trainer had me modify and I picked from a list and did 300 something.

300 anything is better than 300 nothing!!!

Here are some suggestions if you want to switch it up.
Chin ups (wrists toward you)
Crunches
Donkey Kicks
Leg Lifts
One legged Squats
Burpees
Star Jumps
Kettle Bell Swing
Chair Dips
Lunges
Squats
V-up sit ups
Mountain Climbers
etc 
etc
etc

For a greater challenge do any that apply on a BOSU ball or balance board (one leg squats or v up sit ups for example). You can also add weight to any of them. (example do crunches holding a medicine ball on your chest or do leg lifts with your skates on.)

You can also adjust the height if you want on box jumps, or adjust weights, or even do a modified PULL UP with your feet on a chair P90X style. What ever your little heart desires. As long as you do a total of 300.

THERE IS MORE!!!

I have created an EVENT for this and you can just say you are going and post there and look there for motivation and

I want to see your best WARRIOR pictures!!! So post them to the EVENT WALL! SHARE!


After the month is over, everyone who stuck with it for a month can post ONE warrior picture of themselves on the Facebook event and the three photos with the most LIKES on them gets a special prize from BFG.

You must have stuck with it for the whole month. There are enough things that you can do it without a gym, when you are not at home, etc so NO EXCUSES!!!

If you started a few days late because you didn't see this before the August 1st then just don't miss any days from the day you start and go for 30 days!

Here is the link to the Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/450252528348360/


                                                              YOU ARE A WARRIOR!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment